Thursday, September 30, 2010


I have been reading this devotional, Jesus Calling, to my 5 year old. Each daily devotion in this book starts out with a key verse and then application. I don't like that the words are written as though Jesus is saying them directly to the reader. I have to keep inserting "Jesus" where it says "I". Jesus Calling is not laking in depth though! It has some great words to teach our children. You can even follow the devotion with added scripture to read on your own.

The book looks as if it is an "old" book, timeless I guess. I disagree with the chosen target age group of 4-8. I believe that this devotional would be much better for upper elementary and middle school children. The devotions do not contain stories. They are more vague with deep thoughts and follow a year full of devotions specific to the time of year. I appreciate getting this book from Book Sneeze to read with my daughter, I just don't think it is applicable for a 5 year old yet. When she is a bit older we will come back to it and see if it will work for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0